BANNER ELK, N.C. --- The Lees-McRae cycling team will host the Lees-McRae College Mountain Bike cycling event this weekend in Banner Elk. The Event will include four disciplines in cycling (Downhill, Cross Country, Dual Slalom and Short Track) over the two day affair. The Schedule of events is as follows:
Saturday, September 11, 2010
@ Lees McRae
|Registration||ALL||7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.|
|XC Race||M-C & W-B||9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.|
|XC Race||M-A,B & W-A||10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
@ Beech Mountain Resort
|Downhill||Registration||9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|Downhill||Practice||10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Downhill||Racer's Meeting||3:45 p.m.|
|Downhill||First Racer off||4:00 p.m.|
Sunday-September 12, 2010
(Simultaneous ST races will be held on different courses at the same time.)
@ Lees McRae
|DS Practice||ALL||8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.|
|DS Race||A, B, C||11:00 a.m.|
|Short Track||B & C men||8:30 a.m.|
|Short Track||A & B women||9:00 a.m.|
|Short Track||A men||9:30 a.m.|
Downhill- Big mountain downhill course at Ski Beech Beech Mtn, NC
Short Track - Fast fun course essentially the same as 07' 08' MTB Nats. Tight single climbs and descents with one creek crossing.
Dual Slalom (DS) - 07' 08' Nationals track w/ a revamped rhythm section and finish feature.
Cross-Country - Gravel climb followed by technical single track climbing and descending, mostly the 07' 08' nationals course on the Lees McRae college campus.
• No alcohol allowed at race venue
• Reserve right to make changes to race or event times
• Events will be held rain or shine
• Private courses, please no riding prior to posted times
• $13 per event
• Restrooms and showers available in the Williams Gymnasium
• PLEASE, preregister by using the Googledoc system Nathan has on SECCC
• Day-of registration will close 30 minutes prior to start of event
• Must have USA Cycling licenses in order to register
All USAC Rules will apply.