Banner Elk, NC--Today we meet up with freshman Nick DeSchepper from Fishers, IN. This guard/wing has started 20 of the 21 games this season. His stats include 10.1 points per game with a 47.1% field goal percentage and 3.1 rebounds per game. DeSchepper in ranked 9th in the conference among freshmen for both points per game and shooting percentage. Join us as we get to know him a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I decided to come to Lees-McRae because I thought it would be a great place for me to further my basketball career.
2. How long have you been playing basketball? I have been playing basketball basically since I could walk.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to become a better player in many ways and also to help to my team's success.
4. What's your favorite basketball memory here at Lees-McRae so far? I would say meeting all my teammates and playing pickup games together since I have only been at Lees-McRae for a couple of months.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad has been the most influential person on my athletic career.
6. If you weren't playing basketball, what other sport would you play? I would be playing soccer or football.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is Psychology and I have not really thought out what I want to do with that yet.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would go back to high school and play football all four years of school because there is nothing like playing under the lights on a Friday night.
9. What is your favorite book? The Last Shot is my favorite book
10. What is your favorite food? My favorite food is steak.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd like to travel to some where in Europe.