Today we meet up with sophomore Aaron Woodacre of Piney Flats, Tennessee as we continue our Up Close series with the Bobcats. The 6' starting guard is the second leading scorer on the squad, averaging over 13 points per game. Woodacre was selected to the All Tournament team at the Disney Tip-Off Tournament in Florida earlier this season. Join us as we get to know him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to Lees-McRae because of the location of the school and the opportunity to play DII NCAA basketball.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am most looking forward to the chance to have the first winning season at LMC and to improving as a team and as an individual.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I would say that my passing and shooting are my strengths.
4. What do you do prepare yourself for a game? I try to find a mental stage to prepare me physically and mentally. I usually get prepared by listening to music or sitting by myself in the locker room.
5. Who has the biggest impact on your basketball career? I would not say it's not one, but two. My mother and father have both helped me and pushed me when I needed it.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat basketball team? My favorite two favorite parts about being a member on this team are hanging out with my teammates off the court and on the court and competing against one another.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? It is simple, to get better overall as a individual and as a team in all aspects.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you will face on the court? I believe that my biggest mental challenge will be staying mentally sharp helping me reduce my careless turnovers.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Both of my parents have been big role models because they have helped me push through the tough times and as an overall view, have just been big supporters of my game.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My perfect afternoon is probably enjoying the beaches of the Outer Banks fishing, swimming, and body boarding.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try snowboarding. I've heard that snowboarding is extremely fun with a great adrenaline rush, but due to basketball I've never been allowed or had the time to try it.
12. Who is your favorite NBA player and why?
My favorite NBA player is either Ray Allen or Steve Nash. To me,
they both control the outcome of the game and are bo