Up Close & Personal with Sean Hardin
Freshman Sean Hardin of Camden, Delaware is up next in our series of Up Close interviews with the men's basketball team. The 6'5 guard/forward played at Caesar Rodney High School before beginning his college career here at Lees-McRae College. In the classroom Hardin is pursuing a degree in sports management.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I decided to come to Lees-McRae College because of the great campus and the awesome life style.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? This season I am looking forward to having a winning season and winning the conference.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strengths for helping to achieve this goal are that I can drive to the basket and make things happen on the court.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? To prepare for a game I put my iPod in and just get into my zone.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? The biggest impact was from my father because all he did was push me to excellence and wanted nothing but the best, so he pushed me to get better.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat basketball team? My favorite part of being on the team is how anyone can get along with the coaching staff and also the players.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? A personal goal that I want to achieve is to get better on and off the court. A team goal is to make the team better than it was last year.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? I don't really have a mental challenge on the court but if someone starts talking about me I just get hyped and do better.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My biggest role model is Kobe Bryant. He has gone through so much, yet he still keeps a level head and shows them he is the best.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? A perfect afternoon would be just practicing and getting stronger, working on my game.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? If I could try something new I would want to try pole vault for track, but whatever else I do I would come back to my favorite sport; basketball.
12. Who is your favorite NBA player and why?
My favorite NBA player would be LeBron James because my game is
just like his. Also, when adversity hits he stands up, takes it
and makes it work for him.