Up Close & Personal with Jesse Hoots
As we continue our series of Up Close interviews with the Bobcat basketball team we meet up with sophomore captain Jesse Hoots, a native of Yadkinville, North Carolina. After missing the first seven games of the season with an injury, Hoots has returned to the court as the starting point guard where he's dished out 44 assists while averaging over five points per game himself. In the classroom Hoots is pursuing a degree in business adminisration.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I was praying about what school I should attend and God told me to come to Lees-McRae.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to seeing the hard work we put in during the offseason payoff for us.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in using the speed and quickness God gave me, to play good defense and create open shots for my teammates on the offensive end.
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? My dad has had the biggest impact on my basketball career.
5. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I usually listen to music and try to clear my head from distractions.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat basketball team? I like pre-season.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to contribute to a winning season in whatever way is needed and to become a better player in every aspect of the game.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? Sometimes I want to try to thread the needle on a pass when I shouldn't.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My dad has been the biggest role model in my life because of his consistent spiritual walk with the Lord.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? I would like to do something active, eat a good meal prepared by my mom, and then take a nap.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I want to try whitewater kayaking because I enjoy kayaking and whitewater rafting.
12. Who is your favorite NBA player and why?
Chris Paul is because of the way he controls the game as a point