Up Close & Personal with Vlady Nikolov
Today we meet up with international student-athlete Vlady Nikolov, who hails from Sophia, Bulgaria. The sophomore guard has been redshirted this season due to a preseason knee injury and continues to work hard in his rehabilitation efforts. Join us as we find out more about him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? Coach Polsgrove had the biggest impact of me coming to Lees-McRae.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward us getting better as a team.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in my shooting and passing but because of my injury I am sidelined.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I listen to some Bulgarian music and try to be as relaxed as possible. I try to be mentally prepared to win.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball
career? My family and my best friend
6. What is your favorite part of being a member of the Bobcat basketball team? Just the experience of being part of a team is what I enjoy most.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goal is to get healthy and get back on the floor as soon as possible. For the team I hope we have a great season and win some games!
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? Myself
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My grandmother…She took care of me since I was little, and she has a lot of wisdom.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? The perfect afternoon for me will be back at home, going out to eat with my friends.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would probably get a speed bike and push it to the limit, but I don't think it is a good idea.
12. Who is your favorite NBA player and why?
Maybe Larry Bird…He wasn't the most athletic out there but
he just refused to lose.