Banner Elk, NC--Today we take a closer look at junior defender Ian Dargavel who also came to Lees-McRae from across the ocean, hailing from Neath, Wales.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? Soccer, soccer, soccer!!
2. How long have you been playing soccer? I've been playing since I was nine years old.
3. What are your personal goals for this season?
My goals are to play as much as I can, and do what I can to help the team.
4. What's your favorite soccer memory here at Lees-McRae
My favorite so far is the game against Lander my freshman year. We won in overtime.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? I love Roy Keane.
6. If you weren't playing soccer what other sport would you play? I'd try swimming.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Sports management - I hope to become a soccer coach and eventually create my own business.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd go back to my 18th birthday.
9. What is your favorite book? I don't have one.
10. What is your favorite food? A full English breakfast ranks at the top of the list.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd visit Egypt.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Welsh;Simply put, I am from Wales.
Ian's Story … I'm from Wales. I had
trial and Coach Whalley came over and saw me play. It worked out