Up Close & Personal with Matt Lacey
Banner Elk, NC--A native of Norwich, England, this junior midfielder is a definite leader on the field, having already kicked four goals and assisted on three others in five games. Join us today as he shares a bit of himself with the Bobcat fans.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I came to play soccer.
2. How long have you been playing soccer? It seems like I have been playing since I could walk.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to take each game as it comes and keep the team's feet on the ground and reach what we are capable of achieving.
4. What's your favorite soccer memory here at Lees-McRae so far? I think that memory is still to come.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? That is Daniel Connelly from Norwich City and Easton College.
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? I'd play tennis.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is Sports Management .
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would revisit all my favorite memories.
9. What is your favorite book? Steven Gerrard's autobiography is my favorite.
10. What is your favorite food? Enchiladas
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would visit Ireland.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Driven
Matt's Story … I started playing
football (soocer) at Crewe Alexander at the age of 7. Then my
family moved down south, and I was involved with Norwich City's
youth teams. At 19 Coach Whalley came and watched me play and
offered me a scholarship to LMC. At that point I decided to come
and play over here.