Banner Elk, NC--This junior goalkeeper for the Bobcats hails from Winterville, NC. Join us as we take a closer look at Dylan Lawrence.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I really enjoyed my visit here and the atmosphere of the college.
2. How long have you been playing soccer? I've been playing for 16 years.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? My personal goals are to help the team win.
4. What's your favorite soccer memory? Beating Clayton State my freshman year 1-0 is the best one so far.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My father has had the greatest influence.
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? I'd play football.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is History, and I'm not sure what I'll do with it at this point.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd like to witness the 1980 "Miracle on Ice" at the Olympics.
9. What is your favorite book? The Da Vinici Code is my favorite book.
10. What is your favorite food? Pizza
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd travel to New Zealand.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Helpful; I always do what I can to help people.
Dylan's Story … I am from Greenville, NC and played and served as captain for the Greenville Stars for 8 years. I played one season Super-Y with Wilmington Hammerheads. I also played for South Central High School where I was twice selected All-Conference, MVP, and captain.
I played in the North Carolina State Games High School Showcase
and my team played in the finals that went to penalty kicks, we won
4-3 and as goalkeeper, I saved 2. Lees McRae sent me mail right
afterward, and I ended up here.