Today we begin a series of Up Close & Personal interviews with the Lees-McRae men's soccer team with junior goalkeeper Sean Paradise. Last year Paradise was the recipient of several awards for his efforts on the field including being named to NSCAA/adidas All-Region Second Team, First Team All Conference Carolinas, and Daktronics Second Team All Region. The North Point, Fla. native lead Conference Carolinas in both goals against average (0.60) and save percentage (.845). Join us as we get to know him a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came because of the soccer program and its location.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to going after a national championship win.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength is in goalkeeping.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to loud music and think about the game.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My club coach Peter Tomich has had the biggest impact. He developed me into the player I am today.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? We possess the potential to do big things this season.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I hope to help this team compete for a national title.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? The biggest mental challenge I face is to never give up when you're down.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My family…since day one they've been there for me.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is fishing on the flats back home in Florida.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I'd try sky diving.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. It is two scoops of cold vanilla ice cream placed on top of a warm chocolate brownie smothered in chocolate syrup with a strawberry on top.