Next up for the Bobcats is redshirt junior Dylan Lawrence. Lawrence, a 6'4 native of Lawsonville, N.C., will see time in the net this year after being sidelined with an injury for the 2007 season. Join us as we get up close and personal with him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to Lees-McRae to play soccer.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to being able to play after missing last season with injury.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in shot stopping.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I like to listen to music and try to get mentally prepared.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My brothers have had that role.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My favorite part is the comaraderie with the other players.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to improve as much as I can and help the team win. As a team I would like to see us have the same success as last year.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? My biggest challenge is staying focused for the whole game.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My father…he has worked hard his whole life to provide a life for my brothers and me.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? A perfect afternoon is spent playing soccer.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Sky diving; I think it looks fun.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. My
favorite dessert is a root beer float.