Today as we continue our Up Close series with the Bobcats we meet up with freshman goalkeeper Randall Strand-Poole. A native of Durham, N.C., Strand-Poole attended Durham School of Arts where he was a four year letter winner in soccer and also received All Conference honors. Join us as we get to know him better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? The campus was great, small and beautiful, most of all it wasn't overwhelming. The soccer program was great, so I decided to come!
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to meeting new people, growing from a pre-college season and experiences and gaining college experiences.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strengths would be my mental and physical composure. I rarely lose my temper, and I never let a goal affect my performance
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I get lots of rest and hydrate.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My previous coaches from high school, to club, to my personal coaches have had the biggest impact.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? I like being around the best soccer players at the Division II level, not to mention it's a family environment.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I'd like to gain experience and get myself ready for the collegiate level of play.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I would say the mental strength (confidence) in the team.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mother has been, of course. When the going got tough she made lemonade out of life's lemons. She drove me to soccer practice all the time and bought all my gear. She is a truly amazing woman.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? I would say napping or hanging out with my girlfriend.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try auto racing.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Eclairs