Up Close & Personal with Luke Staats
Next up for the Bobcats is freshman Luke Staats who comes to Lees-McRae from Almere, Holland. Staats scored the first goal of his college career Saturday in the Conference Carolinas opener against St. Andrews Presbyterian College. Join us as we get to know him Up Close and Personal.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I decided to come to Lees-McRae college because I liked the program and wanted to join a winning team.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to winning a national championship.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I am strong and technical with the ball at my feet.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I relax and focus on the game.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My father has had that role in my life.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? The best part is my teammates.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I'd like to get a place in the team and win a championship.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Staying focused for 90 minutes is the biggest challenge I face.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Father…he was a player himself and taught me the game while supporting me.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? A perfect afternoon would be chilling out with friends in the sun.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would want to climb Mount Everest.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Strawberry yogurt