Today we meet up with Dale Parker, the 6'1 junior from Worksop, England. Parker has scored two goals in the season so far. Parker is a physical education major at Lees-McRae. Join us as we get to know him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I was going to go elsewhere in the NAIA but Coach Whalley's goals and expectations were more motivational, and the NCAA is more recognized than NAIA.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to defending our conference titles and trying to build another successful season .
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in defending, heading, and my speed.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I like to relax and think about the game.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My parents have had that role.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? I love being part of a successful program and sharing the same goals.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My goals are to build from last season, score five goals, and be a leader. Team goals are to keep clean sheets and push for another conference title.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Staying focused when things get tough can be a challenge.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My parents have been by supporting me throughout my life and teaching me the right things on and off the field.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is playing golf with my dad in the sunshine!
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Snowboarding
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Chocolate fudge cake and custard