Up Close & Personal with Nick Robinson
Today we meet up with sophomore Nick Robinson who hails from Melbourne, Australia. The 5'8 forward is the second leading scorer for the Bobcat squad with three game-winning goals on the season. Off the field, Robinson is pursuing a sports management degree and plans to become a coach. Join us as we get to know him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? The opportunity and experience were two reasons, although playing soccer on a full-time basis was the main incentive.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to winning.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my hunger to win is my biggest strength.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I relax.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? Father
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? It's a great bunch of boys.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goals are to score plenty of goals and contribute to an even better season than last year.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Discipline
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Parents…They have always supported everything I have done.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is playing soccer and chillin' with the boys.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try skydiving.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Chocolate