Up Close & Personal with Anthony Mantegani
Today we meet midfielder/forward Anthony Mantegani who hails from Hendersonville, Tennessee. Off the field the sophomore is pursuing a degree in physical therapy with aspirations of opening his own office. Join us as we get to know him better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? My soccer coach got me interested, and I thought they had good academics and a strong soccer team.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? Hopefully, we will be going back to nationals this season.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in attacking.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I take a nap and listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My travel coach, Eddie Carvachio has had the biggest impact.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? Being around the guys is what I enjoy most.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to fight for a starting position and, as a team, win national title.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I'm smaller than most other players.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My sister.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Chillin' out
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would like to try cliff diving.
12. Describe your favorite dessert.