As we continue our series of Up Close interviews we meet up with Logan Linton who hails from Cocoa, Florida. The sophomore midfielder/defender leads the Bobcats with four assists and also has a goal credited to his name. In the classroom, Linton is a pre-health science major with plans to become a physician's assistant. Join us as we get to know him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I decided to come to Lees-McRae College because it was a great opportunity for me to play soccer and get my education at the same time.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to stepping back on the pitch again.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I cross the ball really well and get it to the forward's feet with pace. I am a strong defender, and I don't get knocked off the ball very easily.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I mentally prepare myself by focusing on the game before I play or step on the pitch.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My family. They have always been there to support me throughout my soccer career. My father taught me that if you want something you have to work hard and be driven.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My favorite part is hanging out with all the boys from the team.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I'd like to be a regular starter and get into the attack more.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Getting over a mistake can be a challenge.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My father has been a role model because of his drive and self-discipline.
10. Describe your favorite dessert. A hot
fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream