Up Close & Personal with Grant Elder
Freshman Grant Elder is up next for the men's soccer team as we continue our Up Close interviews. Elder, a native of Clayton, Ohio, is a forward/midfielder for the Bobcats and has a goal and two assists this season. Off the field, Elder is pursuing a degree in business.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? The environment and the coaching staff were deciding factors in my decision to come to LMC.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to playing in the NCAA tournament.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in my dribbling skills and passing ability.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I try to relax and watch professional soccer.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My brother
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? Enjoying the company of my teammates is my favorite part.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I would like to get a starting position and, as a team, win the national championship.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Trying not to fight with the referee can be a challenge sometimes.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My brother…he has much experience and knowledge with the same challenges I face.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My perfect afternoon would be watching Milan Derby at the San Siro. Inter Milan wins 3-0 with a hat trick from Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Skydiving, I always wanted to be able to fly and that seems to be the closest to it.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Ice Cream