Today we meet a sophomore member of the Bobcat soccer squad, Alex Rameriz. The 6' midfielder comes to Banner Elk from Arlington, Texas and is pursuing a psychology degree here at Lees-McRae.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? The soccer program, the area of studies I wanted to go into and the area all played a part in my decision.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? Hanging out with my friends from last year and getting to know all the new guys is what I am looking forward to most.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My passing and vision are my strengths.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I relax and try to enjoy myself.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My father, he was my coach from the time I started until I was 16.
6. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personally I would like to play more and as a team I think we should match or improve on last year's season
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I'd say staying positive when things go wrong.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My parents…They have taught me how to live my life and be proud of who I am.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Just relaxing sounds ideal.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Whitewater rafting, it looks pretty fun.
11. Describe your favorite dessert. It is a
Mexican pastry; it is light, flaky, and sugary.