Sophomore Jarret Fleharty is up next in our series of interviews with the Bobcats. Fleharty hails from Mocksville, S.C. and is in his second season with the squad as a midfielder/defender. Off the field he is pursuing a degree in business administration. Join us as we get to know him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play men's soccer.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to being a part of a successful team.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think teamwork and my ability to work hard.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My high school coach has had that role.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? I like being close with my teammates and winning.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My goals are to become a better player and to help win titles.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I think my biggest mental challenge is playing against players that are three to four years older than me.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My father…he has taught me to focus on a goal and to never give up on it.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon includes lying in a hammock on the beach.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try sky diving for the thrill.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Ice