The Lees-McRae Bobcats men's tennis team earned a 7-2 decision over Carolinas-Virginia Athletic Conference rival Pfeiffer University Sunday afternoon. The Bobcats improve their record to 3-4, and even their conference record at 2-2.
After dropping the first doubles match 4-8, the tandem of Blair Propert and Shaun Sumner evened things up with a 9-8, (7-4) win. Alek Mojski and Romulas Teague gave the Bobcats 2-1 lead winning the third and final doubles match of the afternoon. Sumner and Mojski gave the Bobcats the 4-1 lead and Ricardo Velazquez, (pictured top left), clinched victory with a 4-6, 6-4, (10-4 tiebreak) win, giving the Bobcats a 5-1 lead and the win.
The Bobcats will travel to Lincoln Memorial University in Harrogate, TN Wednesday afternoon. Matches are set to begin at 2:00pm.
1. AJ Flores/Frank Pouchet def. Ricardo Velazquez/Paul Meunow
2. Blair Propert/Shaun Sumner def. Guilherme Chinramonti/TJ Maurer 9-8 (7-4) LMC
3. Alek Mojski/Romulas Teague def. Chris Knowles/Dan Morehead 8-1 LMC
1. Sumner def. Flores 6-4, 6-2 LMC
2. Mojski def. Maurer 4-6, 6-0, 6-4 LMC
3. Velazquez def. Chinramonti 4-6, 6-4, (10-4 TB) LMC
4. Propert def. Pouchet 7-5, 4-6, (10-7 TB) LMC
5. Teague def. Knowles 6-3, 6-1 LMC
6. Cody Simpson def. Charley Whiteley 6-1, 6-3 PU