The Lees-McRae College Bobcats tennis team evened their season record at 4-4 with a 7-2 win over Lincoln Memorial University Wednesday afternoon. The win marked the first time the Bobcats have won two straight after defeating Pfeiffer last weekend by the same score.
In doubles action Shaun Sumner and Alek Mojski started the day off defeating Lukas Burkon and Matt Estep 8-3. LMU responded to take the second doubles match by the same score with Gui Alves and Andras Pauko defeating Ricardo Velazquez and Paul Meunow of the Bobcats. Lees-McRae won the third doubles match by forfeit.
In singles play, Burkon defeated Sumner to even the score at two apiece, however, Mojski, (pictured top left), would give the Bobcats the lead for good, winning the first of three striaght to clinch the victory for the visitors. Lees-McRae were credited with the final two matches due to forfeit.
The Bobcats will resume Carolinas Virginia Athletic Conference play Thursday when they host Limestone College at 2:30pm.
1. Sumner/Mojski def. Burkon/Estep 8-3 LMC
2. Alves/Pauko def. Velazquez/Meunow 8-3 LMU
3. Blair Propert/Romulas Teague - forfeit LMC
1. Burkon def. Sumner 0-6, 4-6 LMU
2. Mojski def. Alves 6-0, 6-2 LMC
3. Velazquez def. Pauko 6-3, 6-3 LMC
4. Propert def. Estep 3-6, 6-2, 10-5 LMC
5. Teague - forfeit LMC
6. Charley Whiteley - forfeit LMC