Bobcats Win Third Straight
The Lees-McRae College Bobcats tennis team earned their third straight win, 7-2, over Queen's University of Charlotte Friday afternoon in Carolinas-Virginia Athletic Conference action. The Bobcats even their conference record at 3-3, improving to 8-7 overall, while the Royals move to 1-6, (1-3 CVAC).
The Bobcats started strong, earning two of three doubles matches 8-5, and 8-3 respectively. Shean Sumner continues his impressive season, improving to 11-4 at the number one singles position. Alek Mojski also earned a win in singles play after teaming with Romulus Teague in doubles, to even his record at 8-8. Blair Propert's, (pictured top left), 6-4, 7-6(1) win over Rob Stevens clinched the win for the Bobcats in the number four singles match up.
The Bobcats will resume play against Presbyterian March 29th at home. The match, set to go at 3:00pm, will be the fourth of eight consecutive home contests before ending the regular season at Division I Elon.
1. Shean Sumner/Ricardo Velazquez def. Vivek Yaday/Ankit Mody
2. Alek Mojski/Romulus Teague def. Jon O'Rourke/Drew Hendriks 8-3 LMC
3. Rob Stevens/Mike Arbogast def. Charley Whiteley/Blair Propert 8-6 QU
1. Sumner def. Yaday 6-2, 6-7(11), 6-3 LMC
2. Mojski def. Mody 6-2, 6-7(6), 7-6 LMC
3. O'Rourke def. Velazquez 2-6, 6-3, 6-2 LMC
4. Propert def. Stevens 6-4, 7-6(1) LMC
5. Teague def. Hendricks 6-3, 6-3 LMC
6. Whiteley def. Arbogast 6-1, 6-1 LMC