Division I Gardner Webb Slips Past Lees-McRae
BANNER ELK, N.C. - The Lees-McRae College men's tennis team fell to Division I Gardner Webb University, 5-2, Tuesday night.
The Bobcats won at number two doubles with Tyler Grove and Steve Karendal 8-4, but didn't earn a point because of Division I scoring.
In singles, Shaun Sumner won 6-3, 6-0 at number three singles to earn the Bobcats first point and Karendal won his second match of the day with a 6-0, 6-1 win at number five singles to score the Bobcats final point of the match.
Lees-McRae's next match scheduled against Armstrong Atlantic on Thursday has been postponed due to pending inclement weather.
1. Slsarer/Altmayer (GW) def Solymosi/Vanhoy (LMC), 8-6
2. Grove/Karendal (LMC) def. Knutssen/Piftor (GW), 8-4
3. Verder/Tardif (GW) def. Sumner/Battle (LMC), 8-4
1. Slesaver (GW) def. Solymosi (LMC), 7-6, 1-6, 7-6
2. Verder (GW) def. Vanhoy (LMC), 6-4, 6-2
3. Sumner (LMC) def. Knutssen (GW), 6-3, 6-0
4. Altmayer (GW) def. Zirkovic (LMC), 6-1, 6-4
5. Karendal (LMC) def. Piftor (GW), 6-0, 6-1
6. Tardif (GW) def. Hayes (LMC), 6-3, 6-0