No. 30 Men’s Tennis Rides Past Railsplitters
HARROGATE, TENN. - The No. 30 Lees-McRae College Bobcats defeated Lincoln Memorial, 6-3, in a nonconference men's tennis match Thursday.
Lees-McRae struggled during the first two doubles dropping in a quick 2-0 hole, but Shaun Sumner and Derk Bouwman rallied to steal a point for the Bobcats with an 8-6 win at three doubles.
In singles, Nandor Solymosi continued his tear with a quick two set win as the Bobcats went on to claim four of the final five matches.
"Derk gave us a huge lift today with his play in doubles," head
coach Paul Goode said. "He really stepped up and showed a lot of
character under pressure. The guys all played fearless today in the
singles and stayed calm when we fell behind after the doubles."
1. Philipp Hoffman/Tom Goossens (LMU) def. Nandor Solymosi and Travis VanHoy (LMC), 8-2
2. Hannes Ganss/Bastian Guenther (LMU) def. Tyler Grove and Steve Karendal (LMC), 8-6
3. Shaun Sumner/Derk Bouwman (LMC) def. Zack Jones/Gabor Szabo (LMU), 8-6
1.Solymosi (LMC) def. Ganss (LMU), 6-1, 6-1
2. Hoffman (LMU) def. Sumner (LMC), 6-0, 6-3
3. VanHoy (LMC) def. Guenther (LMU) 6-4, 6-3, 6-0
4. Marko Zivkovic (LMC) def. Szabo (LMU), 6-1, 6-1
5. Karendal (LMC) def. Pauko (LMU), 6-1, 6-3
6. Grove (LMC) def. Goossens (LMU), 4-6, 6-2, 6-4