BANNER ELK, N.C. – The Lees-McRae College men's tennis fell to North Greenville Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas action by a score of 8-1. The loss moves LMC's record to 1-9 overall and 0-3 in conference play.
"I'm proud of my team," said LMC Head Coach Don Marriott. "They continue to play hard, show up and bring their best."
Senior Garrett Lakey posted LMC's lone victory on the afternoon as he defeated Alejandro de la Torre. With the win, Lakey picks up his team-leading fourth singles victory of the 2016-17 campaign.
The rest of the scores from Saturday's match are listed below.
1. Sjors va Eck (NGUM) def. Gabriel Muniz (LMC) 6-4, 6-2
2. Garrett Lakey (LMC) def. A. de la Torre (NGUM) 8-5
3. Josh Gomez (NGUM) def. Sebastian Zuhr (LMC) 6-2, 6-4
4. Dion Nijbor (NGUM) def. Brandon Caldwell (LMC) 8-2
5. William Greaves (NGUM) def. Cole Douglas-Fields (LMC) 6-3, 6-0
6. Edmundo Torres (NGUM) def. Thomas Deeley (LMC) 8-5
Next Up: LMC will return to the court Tuesday when it hosts Pfeiffer in another Conference Carolinas clash. The start time for that match is scheduled for a 2 p.m. start time.