Photo Courtesy of Barton Sports Information
BRISTOL, Tenn. – The Lees-McRae College men's tennis team dropped a 9-0 decision to King (TN) University Saturday afternoon. LMC's record now stands at 1-13 overall and 0-7 in conference play.
The Bobcats nearly pulled off victories in the No. 5 singles and No. 1 doubles position. In the singles bout, Cole Douglas-Fields won the first set by a score of 6-2. Unfortunately for Douglas-Fields, Arturo Alfaro won back-to-back sets by identical 6-0 scores to pick up the win. Gabriel Muniz and Garrett Lakey nearly picked up their sixth win of the season but the duo of Moritz Posiwat and Lennard Neumann edged them out, 8-6.
1. Moritz Poswiat (KING) def. Gabriel Muniz (LMC) 6-1, 6-2
2. Lenny Keswani (KING) def. Garrett Lakey (LMC) 8-3
3. Lennard Neumann (KING) def. Sebastian Zuhr (LMC) 6-3, 6-1
4. Alejandro Feliciano (KING) def. Grant Miller (LMC) 8-0
5. Arturo Alfaro (KING) def. Cole Douglas-Fields (LMC) 2-6, 6-0, 6-0
6. Charles Jabaley (KING) def. Thomas Deeley (LMC) 8-4
LMC will be back in action Sunday afternoon when they host Limestone in Banner Elk. First serve is set for 1 p.m.