BANNER ELK, N.C. – The Lees-McRae College men's tennis team dropped a 7-2 decision to Mars Hill University Thursday afternoon in Banner Elk. The loss moves LMC's record to 0-2 on the season.
After dropping all three doubles tilts on the day, the Bobcats picked up a pair of singles victories. Senior Gabriel Muniz notched a win out of the No. 1 position over Mars Hill's Ben Reid by identical 6-4 scores. Additionally, freshman Matt Meluch picked up his first collegiate singles victory with a 6-2, 6-1 triumph over Tom Farman.
A complete list of the rest of the matches Thursday can be found below.
1. Gabriel Muniz (LMC-M) def. Ben Reid (MHUM) 6-4, 6-4
2. Rodrigo Ramos (MHUM) def. Sebastian Zuhr (LMC-M) 6-2, 6-1
3. Matt Meluch (LMC-M) def. Tom Farman (MHUM) 6-2, 6-1
4. Fernando Neto (MHUM) def. Rusty Batten (LMC-M) 6-4, 6-2
5. Kyrel Trim (MHUM) def. Brandon Caldwell (LMC-M) 6-1, 6-4
6. Pedro Pinassi (MHUM) def. Colton Porter (LMC-M) 8-6
LMC will return to the courts Sunday when it hosts Lee University in a non-conference tilt. First serve between those two teams is set for 10 a.m.