Photo Courtesy of Deana Acklin
BANNER ELK, N.C. – The Lees-McRae College men's tennis team battled Emmanuel College Friday afternoon in Conference Carolinas action, but ended up falling to the Lions, 8-1. The loss moves LMC's record this spring to 1-14 overall and 0-9 within conference action.
LMC's most competitive matches came on the top of the lineup card. Senior Gabriel Muniz picked up the team's lone victory in the contest with a two-set win over the Lions' Noah Johansen. Sebastian Zuhr also had a competitive tilt out of the No. 2 singles spot, and Matt Meluch pushed his No. 3 singles tilt to three sets.
The rest of the results of Friday's match can be found below.
1. Gabriel Muniz (LMC-M) def. Noah Johansen (EMMANUEL) 6-2, retired
2. Juan Carlos Romero (EMMANUEL) def. Sebastian Zuhr (LMC-M) 7-5, 7-6
3. Lucas Pereira (EMMANUEL) def. Matt Meluch (LMC-M) 3-6, 6-3, 7-6
4. Lucas Hideo Sasaki (EMMANUEL) def. Rusty Batten (LMC-M) 6-0, 6-4
5. Jorge Canadas (EMMANUEL) def. Brandon Caldwell (LMC-M) 6-1, 6-3
6. Enrique Alcacer (EMMANUEL) def. Colton Porter (LMC-M) 8-1
1. Noah Johansen/Tom Jarry (EMMANUEL) def. Gabriel Muniz/Sebastian Zuhr (LMC-M) 8-5
2. Enrique Alcacer/Juan Carlos Romero (EMMANUEL) def. Matt Meluch/Rusty Batten (LMC-M) 8-7
3. Lucas Pereira/Jorge Canadas (EMMANUEL) def. Colton Porter/Brandon Caldwell (LMC-M) 8-4
LMC will close out its 2018 season Saturday morning when it hosts Erskine. First serve is set for 11 a.m.