Banner Elk, NC--Today we being a series of Up Close &
Personal interviews with the Lees-McRae men's volleyball team.
First up for the Bobcats is returning starter and co-captain Grant
Cassell. The 6'5 middle blocker hails from Mt. Vernon, OH. Join
us as we get to know him a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to
Lees-McRae? I came because of the awesome outdoor
setting and the chance to play volleyball.
2. How long have you been playing
volleyball? I started playing my sophmore year of high
school. This is my fifth year.
3. What are your personal goals for this
season? I want to be a good leader on and off the court
for our relatively young team.
4. What's your favorite baketball memory here at
Lees-McRae so far? The best memory so far is beating
Mount Olive last year on senior day.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your
athletic career? My dad has been.
6. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport
would you play? I would play basketball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with
your degree? My major is natural biology. I hope to
work for the division of wildlife.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in
history, where would you go? I'd go back to the Wild
9. What is your favorite food? My favorite
kind of food is seafood.
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where
would it be? I want to go to Manitoba, Canada.
11. What is one word that describes you and
why? Outdoorsy. I like to be outside.