Up Close & Personal with Grant Cassell
Banner Elk, NC--Today we being a series of Up Close & Personal interviews with the Lees-McRae men's volleyball team. First up for the Bobcats is returning starter and co-captain Grant Cassell. The 6'5 middle blocker hails from Mt. Vernon, OH. Join us as we get to know him a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I came because of the awesome outdoor setting and the chance to play volleyball.
2. How long have you been playing volleyball? I started playing my sophmore year of high school. This is my fifth year.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to be a good leader on and off the court for our relatively young team.
4. What's your favorite baketball memory here at Lees-McRae so far? The best memory so far is beating Mount Olive last year on senior day.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad has been.
6. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport would you play? I would play basketball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is natural biology. I hope to work for the division of wildlife.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd go back to the Wild West (1800's).
9. What is your favorite food? My favorite kind of food is seafood.
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I want to go to Manitoba, Canada.
11. What is one word that describes you and why? Outdoorsy. I like to be outside.