Up Close & Personal with Colin Kelly
Banner Elk, NC--Join us today as we meet up with freshman Colin Kelly of Orlando, FL where he played for both Boone High School and the Orlando Gold. Kelly leads the Bobcats in both kills (365 on the year, 4.93 per game) and service aces (28). He has also added 11 block solos and 25 block assists. Come along with us as we get Up Close & Personal with Colin Kelly.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I liked the coaches plus I felt the academics wouldn't stress me out like other colleges with smaller classrooms. It is a nice area.
2. How long have you been playing volleyball? I've been playing since sixth grade.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I would like to start, play all the way around, and contribute to the team.
4. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My father has had that role in my life.
5. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport would you play? I'd play basketball, but I hate running.
6. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Business Management, I hope get into business with an athletic organization.
7. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? The Big BANG!
8. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is Angels & Demons.
9. What is your favorite food? I love medium rare steak.
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would like to travel to Australia.
11. What is one word that describes you and
why? Competitive, I hate losing.