Banner Elk, NC--Today we meet up with freshman Josh Shea, a native of Las Vegas, NV. Shea began the season as the starting setter for the the Bobcats and was averaging 8.5 sets per game before being sidelined for an injury. Join us as we get to know him a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? The small school and a great opportunity to play both played into my decison to come to Lees-McRae.
2. How long have you been playing volleyball? This will be my 7th year playing volleyball.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to get better as a team. We're young so every little bit helps. I also want to help build team chemistry for years to come.
4. What is your favorite Bobcat memory? I don't have one yet.. but hopefully will soon.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? Probably my mom and dad have had that role in my life. They have been to every one of my games and all my club tournaments no matter where they were.
6. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport would you play? I would play basketball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I would like to major in history and become a college professor. I'd like to try to stay active in volleyball whether it's coaching, helping out, or just playing
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? This may sound weird but the time of FDR and towards the end of the Great Depression. FDR is my favorite of the presidents and I'm very interested in that time of history.
9. What is your favorite book? The Hatchet is my favorite book.
10. What is your favorite food? Pizza
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd go to Brazil. I've always wanted to see the big Jesus statue in Rio.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Competitive...I don't like to lose and I will go as hard as I can to get the win.