Up Close & Personal with Robert Ritchie
Banner Elk, NC--Join us today as we meet up with freshman Robert Ritchie who hails from Hollywood, FL where he played for the Florida Sons. This 6'0 outside hitter/libero has 56 digs on the year and also has 13 block assists to his name so far.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I came to Lees-McRae because I really liked Jamie and the way he is committed to the team about trying to get us to bigger and better places.
2. How long have you been playing volleyball? I began playing volleyball my sophomore year in high school, therefore this is my fourth year.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? My personal goals for this season are to become an all around better player and prove the people wrong that said I can't do this.
4. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae
so far? So far my favorite memory here at Lees-McRae is
just spending time with all the guys on the team, whether it's
eating in the cafe or playing pool down at Wileys.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? The most influential people on my athletic career have got to be my mom and my high school coach.
6. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport would you play? If I wasn't playing volleyball, I probably would have continued to play water polo or basketball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I have not declared a major yet but I am looking into the biology program, then to go on furthur into marine biology.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? If I could go back in time I would most likey go back to 2003 when I worked for the Florida Marlins and we won the World Series in New York. I got to celebrate with the team and then later on receive my World Series ring.
9. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is The Collector.
10. What is your favorite food? My favorite food has got to be Taco Bell. I am dying for some now because I haven't had any since I left home!
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? If I could visit any place in the world, I would choose Hawaii or Australia to dive the Great Barrier Reef.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? One word that describes me is dedicated. When I put my mind to something, I don't stop working for it until I have achieved my goal. I don't settle for anything less than the best.