Banner Elk, NC--On a squad loaded with freshmen players we it's
not hard to find a newcomer to interview for our Up Close series.
Today we meet Ian Bryner who hails from Miramar, FL where he played
with the Florida Sons. Join us as we get to know him a bit
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
I chose to come to Lees-McRae because I was given the opportunity
to play collegiate volleyball, and I liked the location of the
2. How long have you been playing
volleyball? I have been playing volleyball for four years
3. What are your personal goals for this
season? My personal goal for this season is to rehab my
shoulder so I can play to my full ability and continue to motivate
my teammates to succeed.
4. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae
so far? It was cool to see the soccer team do well; I
hope we will be able to do the same.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your
athletic career? My club coach James McHugh was very
motivating and influential on my athletic career.
6. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport
would you play? If I wasn't playing volleyball, I would
be playing football.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with
your degree? I intend on majoring in Pre-Med, then going
to medical school to become a doctor. I am undecided in the field I
want to specialize in.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in
history, where would you go? I have no desire to go to
the past, only the future.
9. What is your favorite book? I hate to read
books, but I would have to say the Yogi Book was a good
10. What is your favorite food? I love all
types of food, favorites being chicken wings, steak, and pasta.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where
would it be? I would like to visit Jamaica or Brazil.
12. What is one word that describes you and
why? Success, I like to succeed in everything I do, and I
work hard to do so.