Banner Elk, NC--We close out our series of Up Close & Personal interviews with the Lees-McRae men's volleyball team today with Shane Holderby who hails from Virginia Beach, VA. This freshman has 447 asists, 135 kills, and 90 digs along with 17 aces. Join us as we get to know him a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I was looking to play volleyball, and Lees McRae was a big change in surroundings coming from the beach.
2. How long have you been playing volleyball? I have played for around ten years. My dad had me getting touches on a ball, though, ever since I was about four.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I just want to contribute to the team and get the program on the map.
4. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? We have not had that many games to this point but I would have to say when Colin Kelly got hit in the face against Sacred Heart.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad by far has had the biggest influence over the years, but my brother's recent heart attack at 15 years old has really changed my attitude. I push myself every day for him.
6. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport would you play? I can't see myself playing any other sport, so I would just say beach volleyball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Criminal Justice; I would like to be a field agent of some sort.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would go back to last year so I could be with my brother through his heart attack and not have to worry about waiting on phone calls to tell me the news.
9. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is The DaVinci Code.
10. What is your favorite food? Oreo Cake
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would go back to England. I lived there for about three years and would like to go back now that I'm older to take it all in.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Clipse