Today we meet up with sophomore Jeff Black of Escondido,
California. The 6'4 outside hitter leads the team in service aces
with six on the year, averages two kills per game and, along with
his older brother Ryan, leads the team in blocks per game with
1.33. Black is a business administration major at Lees-McRae.
Join us as we get to know him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae
College? My brother played volleyball here, and I didn't
like California Baptist University.
2. What are you most looking forward to this
season? I am looking forward to road trips with the boys
and beating CBU!
3. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? I'm a versatile player.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for
matches? I listen to Gucci Mane.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball
career? Matt Wilkinson, my high school and club coach,
taught me everything I know.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of
the Bobcat volleyball team? I would have to say the
camaraderie; we have a good time.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this
season? I want to see us win at least 20 matches. I'd
like to hit over .300.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the
court? Practices can be frustrating at times.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
How? Mom and Dad…They have shown endless
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon?
My idea of a perfect afternoon is to play beach volleyball then go
wakeboarding with the goonies.
11. If you could try something new today what would you
try and why? Probably skiing, I got the snowboarding thing
down but have to show Gauger up on skis!
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Cookie
dough ice cream. Mmmmmmm!!