Up Close & Personal with Robbie Rowe
Today we meet up with newcomer Robbie Rowe from Longwood, Florida. In high school this 6'3 outside hitter was selected First Team All Conference in '06-'07 and Second Team All Conference in '07-'08. Join us as we get to know him better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? To be able to play volleyball at the collegiate level and to see what the mountains were like were big factors in my decision.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am mostly looking forward to the trips to California and Florida with the team.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strengths lie mainly on the offensive side but my defense is getting better.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to my iPod and think about the team were about to play.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball career? I would say probably my club coaches from Orlando Gold and my parents.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat volleyball team? Trips with all of the guys and already knowing kids on the team that are from Florida are my favorite parts.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to be a better all around player and to try to help the team grow and get better for our conference next year.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? Staying focused on my defense and not getting frustrated is the biggest challenge I face.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Probably my parents…They keep me motivated and make me want to become a better person and player.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Chillin' with friends and playing some beach volleyball describes my perfect afternoon.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try sky diving because it's something that I've always wanted to do.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Cake batter
ice cream from Cold Stone.