Up Close & Personal with Justy Tevid
Junior Justy Tevid is up next in our Up Close series of interviews. Tevid comes to Lees-McRae from Barrigada, Guam where he received All Island First Team honors in both 2005 and 2006. In the classroom he is pursuing a degree in business with a concentration in management.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play volleyball.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to taking a set from Cal State Northridge.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in defense here but offense on Guam.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I try to visualize.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball career? My high school & club coach Darrell Pereda has had the biggest impact on my volleyball career.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat volleyball team? My favorite part is going to Wily's after practice.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personally I want to make serves in.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? JUAN RAMIREZ
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Mother…She is a fighter.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is jet skiing at Apra Harbor on Guam with my buds.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try bungee jumping or sky diving.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. I'm more
of a main course type of guy.