Banner ELk, NC--Join us as we begin a series "Up Close with the Bobcat Men's Cross Country Team" by interviewing freshman runner Chris Holstein from Middleburg, FL.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
I came here because of the location. The mountains are a good place to train.
2. How long have you been running cross country/track?
My first track meet was in 6th grade, but I have been running road races for as long as I can remember.
3. What are your personal goals for this track season?
For outdoor I'm hoping to break 16:00 in the 5k and 33:30 in the 10k.
4. What's your favorite cross country/track memory here at Lees-McRae so far?
The NCAA DII Regional XC race
5. What is your favorite part of the team here at Lees-McRae?
The best part is that the members of the team have a strong will to get better at their events.
6. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career?
My mom because she is the one that got me started.
7. If you weren't running, what other sport would you play?
I would be playing soccer for sure.
8. What is your favorite thing to do outside of practice?
Hanging out with the team
9. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree?
Pre-vet, then I will go to grad school.
10. What is your favorite band?
Blink-182, Pennywise, nofx, inspection 12, big wig, rancid, bad religion
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
An impoverished country of Africa
12. What is one word that describes you and why?
. . . because of the things I do