Banner Elk, NC--Today we continue our series of Up Close interviews with sophomore runner Chris Holstein who hails from Middleburg, FL. Chris is coming off a great race at The Citadel where he finished fifth in a field of 141 Div I and II runners.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I chose LMC based on the location and surrounding enviroment.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? My main goal this season is to qualify for nationals.
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? The trip to Charleston last year was the best.
4. What is your favorite part of cross country here at Lees-McRae? My favorite part is being a part of this team with these guys.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My mom has had the biggest influence on my cross country career.
6. If you weren't a runner, what other sport would you play? I'd find my way out to the soccer field.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Pre-vet...I plan on attending grad school for a doctorate.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd go to Europe in the Middle Ages.
9. What is your favorite band? Rise Against
10. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer.
11. What is one word that describes you and why? Crazy...It's how I live.
Chris' Story...My nickname is Critter. I grew up playing sports and played almost every sport possible. Running was never the sport that I thought I would end up playing, soccer was my love. I turned to running as my primary sport my senior year in high school, and it has paid off. I run at LMC, and it's awesome!