Up Close & Personal with Bryce Campbell
Next up for the Lady Bobcats is Bryce Campbell. The sophomore transfer is using this year as a developmental year to focus on her pitching after having taken a year off. In the classroom she is pursuing a degree in sports medicine.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I decided to come to Lees-McRae College because I liked the location. I fell in love with the area from the first visit. The staff was extremely friendly and the campus was beautiful. I also wanted to continue by education and play softball at a small, close knit school.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I look forward to competing at the college level. I also look forward to meeting new teammates and making new friends.
3. What do you do to prepare yourself for all those doubleheader games? To prepare myself for the doubleheader games, I will have to work on my endurance by not only conditioning, but also by working on each of my pitches, individually. I like to get plenty of sleep on the night before the games, and I also like to warm up pitching for 45 minutes to one hour before a game starts.
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your softball career? My family has had the biggest impact on my softball career. My parents coached my rec teams when I was younger, and they made sure I had one of the best pitching coaches. I will admit that there were times that I did not want to do what I needed to, but my parents encouraged me to be the best I could be. I also had other family members that encouraged me. My entire family is softball crazy.
5. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat softball team? My favorite part of being a member of the Bobcat softball team is exactly that! Just being a part of the team and knowing that I will be able to contribute as a team player should are important to me.
6. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My biggest role model, I would have to say, is my mom. She has taught me to never give up on my dreams, no matter how big or small.
7. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon would be hanging out with friends, old and new.
8. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? If I could try something new, it would be whitewater rafting. I have never tried this before, and it just looks exciting and challenging.
9. Describe your favorite dessert. My
favorite dessert it chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Who
doesn't like chocolate?