Today we meet up with sophomore Anna Carter of Hurdle Mills, North Caorlina. The 5'8 first baseman played at Person High School where she was a two-time All Conference award winner. In the classroom Carter is pursuing a degree in criminal justice with a minor in psychology. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I think the mountains are beautiful, and I wanted to play DII softball.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I'm looking forward to winning some games and hitting some bombs!
3. What do you do to prepare yourself for all those doubleheader games? I really don't know. I've always played a lot of back-to-back games in summer/travel ball, so I'm used to it I guess.
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your softball career? I don't have one exact person that has made a huge impression on me, but I have always really looked up to the USA softball team, and I've loved watching the pro baseball players. My dad has always pushed me and has been my coach so to speak as well, he got me into softball from the start.
5. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat softball team? I love when we win and how it feels to have a great practice, but more than anything I just love my team. We spend a lot of time together, and it's always fun on and off the field.
6. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
How? Both of my parents have always really set a great
example for me.
7. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Winning the lottery!
8. If you could try something new today what would you
try and why? I'd love to take boxing lessons. I'd really
like to actually get into it as a sport.
9. Describe your favorite dessert. Hot chocolate cake with hot fudge and vanilla ice cream.