Today we meet up with freshman Amanda Leonard of Lincolntown, North Carolina. Leonard can be found in the outfield, shortstop or second base for the Lady Bobcats. In the classroom she is pursuing a degree in pre-vet. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? It was a small college that had a pre-vet program and that gave me the opportunity to play softball.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to growing closer to the team and just playing ball.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think in support and defense.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for all those doubleheader games? I get pumped up and just do what I've done all my life.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your softball career? My dad
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat softball team? I think my favorite part is knowing that I can help my team out.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for the season? I want to just do my best.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I would say not getting down on myself.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My dad…He has supported me through everything I've done.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is relaxing with friends and just having fun.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try gymnastics because it would just be different.
12. Describe your favorite dessert? Million
Dollar Pie….whip cream, pineapple, walnuts, etc.