Up Close & Personal with Brittany Roberson
Banner Elk, NC--We begin our series of Up Close and Personal articles with junior forward Brittany Roberson who hails from West Rowan High School in Salisbury, NC. Roberson's 92 points, 55% FG percentage and 71 rebounds so far this season, has placed her in Conference Carolinas Top 15 in all three categories (14th, 8th, and 5th respectively). Join us as we get to know her a little bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I came because of the coach and the location.
2. How long have you been playing basketball? I have been playing for about 13 years
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to have as much fun as I can, play as hard as I can, and help my team win as many games as we can.
4. What's your favorite basketball memory here at Lees-McRae so far? My favorite memory is when we beat Anderson University on the road earlier this year.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad has had the most influence on my athletic career.
6. If you weren't playing basketball, what other sport would you play? I would probably play volleyball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is Busines. I plan to either start my own business or become a part of another business and be successful.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in
history, where would you go? I would go back to the early
1800's when life was both simple and exquisite.
9. What is your favorite food? My favorite food is cheese.
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd love to go anywhere in Europe.
11. What is one word that describes you and why? Goofy/Enjoyable….I am a lot of fun, but serious when I need to be.
Brittany's Story … My name is Brittany
Roberson and I am from Salisbury, NC. I have been playing
basketball ever since I was about seven years old and without my
parents support it would have never been possible. I have loved
every minute of it. My senior year, we played Asheville High where
I met Coach John Siers and Sebastian Wild. They came to the
sectionals game in the 3A State Tournament where they asked me to
play for Lees-McRae. After visiting the campus and talking with
the coaches I was sold. That is how I ended up here today.