Up Close & Personal with Atalie Teague
Banner Elk, NC--Today, as we continue our Up Close Series, we meet freshman Atalie Teague of Hickory, NC. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I decided to come to Lees-McRae because a lot of my family went here, and I wanted to play tennis in college.
2. How long have you been playing tennis? I have been playing tennis since I was about five or six years old.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? My personal goal for this season is to be able to support my team well since I am injured.
4. What's your favorite tennis memory here at Lees-McRae so far? My favorite memory so far would have to be winning my first college tennis match in the fall.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? The most influential person on my athletic career would have to be my father. He has been my coach since I started and has always pushed me to do my best.
6. If you weren't playing tennis, what other sport would you play? I would probably be cheerleading because I was a cheerleader for five years.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I haven't decided my major yet.
8. What is your favorite part of being on the tennis team at Lees-McRae? I get to be on the same team as my brother once again.
9. What is your favorite book? My favorite book would probably be the entire Gossip Girl collection.
10. If you could play in any of the Grand Slams (Australian, French, Wimbledon, U.S. Open) which one would you choose and why? I would probably choose to play in Wimbledon because I have always wanted to go to England.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would like to visit London.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? One word that describes me is happy. I always try to look on the bright side of things and even if I am having a bad day, I don't let it affect my life.
Atalie's Story… My name is Atalie Teague. My parents are Linney and Kim Teague. I also have an older brother, Rom, who also plays tennis for Lees-McRae. I was born in Hickory, NC and have lived there for most of my life. I have had the privilege of being coached by my father, Linney Teague, for most of my life. He has been the biggest influence by far in my life dealing with tennis. He was not only my coach out of school, but also he was my coach all throughout high school. In my senior year, our team finally won the state championships after previously being left with the title of runner-up. That same year I made it to state individuals with my doubles partner, Caitlin Phillips. I found out about Lees-McRae through many of my family members going here. So far, I really enjoy it here, and I hope that we can have a great season this year.