Lady Bobcats Move into Second with 7-2 Win Over No. 37 Lady Saints
BANNER ELK, N.C. - The Lees-McRae College vaulted into second place in the Conference Carolinas standings with a 7-2 win over previously unbeaten No. 37 Limestone College Lady Saints Tuesday afternoon at the Lees-McRae College Tennis Facility.
With the win, the Lady Bobcats improve to 9-4 overall and 5-1 in the conference, while the Lady Saints fell to 6-4 overall and 3-1 in the conference.
The Bobcats started the match with a 2-0 lead because of forfeits at the number three doubles position and six singles position.
In doubles, Ashley Mayers and Lyndsay Pegram earned a point at the number two position with an 8-5 win.
Gabriela Celi and Christine Vanard won their singles matches at the one and two positions respectively. Vanard's win gave the Lady Bobcats their fifth point to earn the win.
The Bobcats will host Pfeiffer for their next match. The match was scheduled for Wednesday, but due to inclement weather it has been postponed. A make-up dated has not been determined.
1. Gabriela Celi (LMC) def. Jimena Munoz Quiroga (LC), 6-1, 6-2
2. Christine Vanard (LMC) def. Jennifer Snaider (LC), 6-3, 6-3
3. Eve Aubry (LC) def. Ashley Mayers (LMC), 6-3, 6-1
4. Lyndsay Pegram (LMC) def. Bridget Knowles (LC), 8-0
5. Cameron Joyce (LMC) def. Courtney Guerrieri (LC), 8-2
6. LC Forfeit
1. Jennifer Snaider/Eve Aubry (LC) def. Gabriela Celi/Christine Vanard (LMC), 8-6
2. Ashley Mayers/Lyndsay Pegram (LMC) def. Jimena Munoz Quiroga/Bridget Knowles (LC), 8-5
3. LC Forfeit
Pictured: Christine Vanard