Photo Courtesy of Sammy Croft
SALISBURY, N.C. – The Lees-McRae College women's tennis team dropped its fourth straight match Wednesday afternoon to Catawba by a score of 8-1. The loss dips LMC's record to 3-5 overall on the 2016-17 season.
LMC's lone victory Wednesday came in the No. 1 doubles spot where the duo of Caroline Green and Mackenzie Langmade picked up a win over Kristen Rocko and Olivia Woolridge, 8-4. With the win, the team of Green and Langmade improve to 5-3 in doubles action this season.
The rest of the results of Wednesday's match can be found below.
1. Kristen Rocko (Catawba) def. Caroline Green (LMC) – 6-2, 4-6, 10-6
2. Olivia Wooldridge (Catawba) def. Mackenzie Langmade (LMC) – 6-0, 6-0
3. Marina Geremias (Catawba) def. Jaden Acklin (LMC) – 6-0, 6-0
4. Maddy Henderson (Catawba) def. Rebecca Pierce (LMC) – 6-3, 6-0
5. Emily Corcoran (Catawba) def. Dakota Tittle (LMC) – 6-1, 6-2
6. Kristin Saltus (Catawba) def. Amanda Chapman (LMC) – 6-0, 6-1
Lees-McRae will begin a three-match home stand Friday when it hosts Southern Wesleyan in Banner Elk. First serve is set for 2 p.m.