Photo Courtesy of Sammy Croft
BANNER ELK, N.C. – In the first match under the direction of first year Head Coach Rodger Acklin, the Lees-McRae College women's tennis team picked up a 5-4 win over Mars Hill Wednesday afternoon in Banner Elk. It marks the second straight year that the Bobcats have won their first match of the spring season.
The difference in Wednesday's match was the back end of the Bobcat lineup. LMC won two of three doubles draws with both victories coming out of the No. 2 and No. 3 spots. In singles action, Lees-McRae split the six tilts with Emily Harrison earning the clinching victory out of the No. 6 spot, 6-1 and 6-0.
A complete list of the results can be found below.
1. Jasha Geerdink (MHUW) def. Sandy Allen (LMC-W) 6-1, 6-3
2. Evan Lake (MHUW) def. Mackenzie Langmade (LMC-W) 6-1, 6-2
3. Dani Potts (MHUW) def. Jaden Acklin (LMC-W) 2-6, 7-6 (7-2), 6-2
4. Rebecca Pierce (LMC-W) def. Sophia Pelaez (MHUW), by walkover
5. Dakota Tittle (LMC-W) def. Demarron Johnson (MHUW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Emily Harrison (LMC-W) def. Brittany Wilkins (MHUW) 6-1, 6-0
1. Jasha Geerdink/Evan Lake (MHUW) def. Sandy Allen/Mackenzie Langmade (LMC-W) 8-4
2. Jaden Acklin/Rebecca Pierce (LMC-W) def. Sophia Pelaez/Dani Potts (MHUW) 7-7 (7-4), 7-4
3. Dakota Tittle/Emily Harrison (LMC-W) def. Demarron Johnson/Brittany Wilkins (MHUW) 8-0
Lees-McRae will return to action a week from today when it hosts Greensboro College. First serve for that match is set for noon.