Photo Courtesy of Deana Acklin
CENTRAL, S.C. – The Lees-McRae College women's tennis team dropped a 7-2 decision in a Conference Carolinas matchup Friday afternoon at Southern Wesleyan. The loss moves LMC's record to 5-4 overall and 1-4 in conference matches.
Both of Lees-McRae's points came during singles competition Friday. Dakota Tittle picked up a three-set win over SWU's Caitlynn Nixon. With the win, Tittle improves her singles record to 6-3 on the season. The other victory came courtesy of freshman Sandy Allen out of the No. 1 singles position. The Saint Johns, Florida native is now 7-2 on the season, which is the most singles wins by a Bobcat in 2018.
A complete list of Friday's results can be found below.
1. Sandy Allen (LMC-W) def. Alexia Rodriguez (SWU) 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
2. Jennifer Ball (SWU) def. Mackenzie Langmade (LMC-W) 6-2, 3-6, 10-8
3. Kristi Cooper (SWU) def. Jaden Acklin (LMC-W) 6-3, 6-3
4. Chyna Jones (SWU) def. Rebecca Pierce (LMC-W) 6-2, 6-2
5. Dakota Tittle (LMC-W) def. Caitlynn Nixon (SWU) 7-6 (5-0), 0-6, 7-5
6. Jessica Sparks (SWU) def. Emily Harrison (LMC-W) 4-6, 6-0, 10-8
Lees-McRae will return to action Saturday when it visits North Greenville for another conference match. The contest between NGU and LMC is slated to begin at 11 a.m.