Photo Courtesy of Deana Acklin
TIGERVILLE, S.C. – The Lees-McRae College women's tennis team picked up a 6-3 win over conference rival North Greenville Saturday afternoon. The victory improves Lees-McRae's record to 6-4 overall and 2-4 in league play.
After dropping two out of the three doubles contests, the Bobcats rebounded to upend the Crusaders in five of the six singles bouts to pick up their second league win of the 2018 season. Dakota Tittle picked up the match-clinching victory for LMC, while Sandy Allen, Jaden Acklin, Rebecca Pierce and Emily Harrison also picked up singles wins in Saturday's match.
The rest of Saturday's results can be found below.
1. Sandy Allen (LMC-W) def. Fernanda de Lucca (NGU) 6-4, 6-1
2. Laura Brazuelo (NGU) def. Mackenzie Langmade (LMC-W) 6-4, 6-2
3. Jaden Acklin (LMC-W) def. Faith Moyers (NGU) 7-5, 1-6, 10-8
4. Rebecca Pierce (LMC-W) def. Hana Hester (NGU) 6-1, 6-1
5. Dakota Tittle (LMC-W) def. Merit Morgan (NGU) 6-2, 6-0
6. Emily Harrison (LMC-W) def. No player (NGU), by default
LMC will be back in action Wednesday when it heads to Bristol, Tenn. for a neutral site match against Bluefield College. First serve for that contest is set for 6 p.m.